[Elsnet-list] Language Modelling R&D Engineer Position
kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 16:45:07 CEST 2004
Language Modelling R&D Engineer Position, Cambridge, England
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Laboratory (CRL) develops
embedded automatic speech recognition (ASR) and text-to-speech synthesis
(TTS) systems. The CRL Speech Technology Group is a small, multi-national
team located in Cambridge city centre. We currently have an opening for an
engineer or computer scientist to work on language modelling for ASR.
- Good knowledge and understanding of statistical language modelling
- Experience of compact representation of SLMs preferred
- PhD in a related subject or equivalent industrial research
- 1-3 years industrial experience in language modelling and ASR
- Thorough knowledge of C and the Linux environment
- Good Python and/or Perl programmer
- Decoder experience also useful
- Knowledge of more than one major European language preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
The successful candidate will be practically-minded and able to interact
effectively within a group environment. An attractive salary and benefit
package will be offered.
The deadline for applications (email preferred) is Friday 30th April 2004.
If you are interested, send covering letter and CV to:
stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Speech Technology Group, Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research
St George House, 1 Guildhall St., Cambridge CB2 3NH U.K.
This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list