[Elsnet-list] eye-tracking software

Jeff Allen jeff.allen at free.fr
Mon Jul 5 15:55:07 CEST 2004

Dear Elsnet colleagues,

I have a friend who unfortunately had a serious accident and has now been in a
re-education clinic for over a year.  We are currently looking for a eye-
tracking / eye-reading software program / system for him to be able to work
again with a computer.

A few years ago, I conducted a series of surveys (references below) on language
engineering systems, which included eye-tracking applications as part of multi-
modal systems.
However, everything in the field that I saw demos of at that time seemed to be
in research and prototype phases.

Is there anyone on this list who is participating in R&D projects which have
conducted more recent surveys and/or evaluations of ocular/eye-reading and
tracking applications and can let me know which ones really do work for end-
users.

Please contact me off-list with any information you can provide.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff Allen
Paris, France
jeff.allen at free.fr

---- List of works including eye-tracking info in Multi-modal applications -----
---

ALLEN, Jeffrey and Khalid CHOUKRI.  2000.  Survey of Language Engineering
needs: a Language Resources perspective.  Presented at LREC2000.

ALLEN, Jeffrey and Khalid CHOUKRI. 2000. Final Language Resource Market
Segmentation report & Final Language Resource User needs report. LE4-8335
Language Resources Production and Packaging (LRsPP) project. European Language
Resources Distribution Agency & the European Commission.

ALLEN, Jeffrey. 2000. The ELRA/ELDA survey of Language Resources. In
Localization Industry Standards Association (LISA) Newsletter. Vol. IX. No. 2,
pp. 25-30.

ALLEN, Jeffrey. 2000. The ELDA Language Resources survey: languages needed. In
International Journal for Language and Documentation. Number 5. June 2000, pp
41-42.

ALLEN, Jeffrey. 2000. Language Resources surveyed by ELRA/ELDA. Talk presented
at the Large Corpora and Annotation Standards meeting held in conjunction with
the ANLP/NAACL2000 Language Technology Joint Conference, Seattle, Washington, 4
May 2000.