[Elsnet-list] EAMT2005 Call for papers
bente at cst.dk
Tue Nov 2 14:23:23 CET 2004
CALL FOR PAPERS
EAMT 2005 Conference, European Association for Machine
10th Annual Conference
30-31 May 2005, Budapest, Hungary. http://www.eamt.org
The EAMT organises a major conference in Budapest, Hungary on
30-31 May, 2005. This meeting is the tenth in a series of regular
events acting as a forum for the exchange of ideas concerning all
aspects of Machine Translation and computer-aids/tools for translator.
The purpose of the EAMT events is to bring together users,
developers and researchers to discuss the latest developments in the
For the first time, the EAMT event will be held as a full-scale
Conference, with a larger diversity of topics, and a larger number of
expected participants and papers.
The Conference Theme will be: Practical Applications of Machine
Translation, including applications incorporating MT modules,
evaluation of existing and new MT systems, integration and synergy of
CAT tools and MT, new approaches in computer-assisted translation
(CAT), issues for developers and users of MT and translation aids,
incl. user experiences, economic aspects of MT.
This Conference also focuses on systems relating to languages of
new EU member countries and beyond, extending the focus to
those countries that expect to join the EU during the next decade.
* We invite submissions as short versions of full papers (6 pages)
before 31st January 2005, by email as attachments in RTF, or plain
text, to the programme chair, bente at cst.dk, with the words EAMT
2005 Conference in the subject heading.
* All papers will be considered for both the oral and poster sessions.
(Please indicate if you intend your paper only for the poster session).
* If you intend to submit a paper for the demonstration session, please
submit a one-page description of the demonstration, along with
* Final versions of papers (maximum 10 pages, DOC, RTF or LaTeX
files) should be sent for inclusion in the proceedings before 10th April.
* Bente Maegaard (chair; CST, University of Copenhagen,
* Viggo Hansen (Zacco A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark)
* Steven Krauwer (Utrecht University, The Netherlands)
* Gábor Prószéky (MorphoLogic & Pázmány Péter Catholic University,
* Harold Somers (University of Manchester, United Kingdom)
* Gregor Thurmair (Linguatec, Germany)
Venue and Registration: Details will be available on the web site.
Local organiser is Gábor Prószéky (proszeky at morphologic.hu), who
provides further details.
* Deadline for submissions: 31 January, 2005
* Registration: from 15 February, 2005
* Acceptance notification: 15 March, 2005
* Final copies due: 10 April, 2005
* Early registration deadline: 10 April, 2005
* Conference date: 30-31 May, 2005
-- Bente Maegaard, Director, Center for Sprogteknologi
Univ. of Copenhagen, Njalsgade 80, DK-2300 Copenhagen S
Tel: +45 35 32 90 74, Fax: +45 35 32 90 89
More information about the Elsnet-list