[Elsnet-list] Translating and the COmputer 26 - Changes to the Programme

nadamides at aslib.com nadamides at aslib.com
Tue Oct 26 16:42:56 CEST 2004

Aslib Conference: Translating and the Computer 26
18-19 November 2004, London
Full details of the conference, including how to book in can be found at:
www.aslib.com/conferences.

There are a few changes to the programme to announce:
1.  Unfortunately Barrou Diallo cannot now give his presentation on Day
One.  In that slot, we now have Dr Joanna Drugan (of Leeds University) who
will give a paper on Multilingual document management and workflow in the
European institutions. The detailed abstract describing this paper can be
found on the Aslib web site at
www.aslib.com/training/conferences/programme.html

2.  Hanspeter Sigrist, who was due to speak on Day Two, cannot now attend.
 We are very pleased to announce that Klaus Ahrend, Acting Head of Unit,
European Commission, Directorate-General for Translation (Unit DGT.03 -
Interinstitutional Relations and General Affairs), will give a keynote
presentation on Multilingualism in an enlarged Union - Challenges and
opportunities for the European Commission's translation service.

3. We are also very pleased to announce that Dr Gregor Thurmair, Linguatec,
will present a paper on
rule-based versus statistics-based MT.

Confirmed exhibitors to date are:
- StorePoint International Ltd
- SDL
- PASS Engineering
- Language Technology Centre
- RWS Group
- Grant & Cutler

Remember that if 3 delegates from your organisation book into the
conference, the 3rd delegate only has to pay 50% of the fee. There is still
time to book in!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
Nicole
Nicole Adamides, ASLIB Training
Aslib/IMI, Temple Chambers, 3-7 Temple Avenue, London, EC4Y 0HP
Tel: +44 (0)20 7583 8900	Fax: +44 (0)20 7583 8401	www.aslib.com