[Elsnet-list] Job Announcement Tilburg University
Maes at uvt.nl
Mon Aug 8 18:55:49 CEST 2005
Please post this job announcement in the elsnet list
with kind regards
Job Announcement Tilburg University (Deadline September 10 2005)
Within the Department of Communication Science, Arts Faculty, Tilburg
University, applications are invited for the position of
*A TENURE TRACK AT THE ASSISTANT PROFESSOR LEVEL (0.8 fte)*
*(vac. no. 810.05.06)*
Candidates are expected to
· Teach courses in the bachelor and master programme “Business
Communication and Digital Media” (for a survey, see
<http://studiegids.uvt.nl/it10.home?taal=E>) and in the research master
· Participate in the research programme "Multimodality & Cognition".
This programme focuses on the cognitive and social ramifications of
using multimodal and digital communication
particular, the candidate is expected to contribute to research into the
relationship between computer mediated communication and learning.
· Develop and supervise bachelor’s and master's thesis research related
to this research programme.
· Be creative and innovative in using computer-based and collaborative
facilities for teaching and instruction, and in developing policy with
respect to e-learning in teaching and research.
· Execute managerial and administrative tasks.
· A Ph D in one of the following disciplines: learning psychology,
(cognitive) linguistics, discourse studies, cognitive psychology,
language and information science, communication studies, cognitive
science, or another relevant discipline.
· Experienced in experimental research in the field of multimodal
discourse, communication and digital media.
· Strong affinity and familiarity with recent developments in the field
of digital media
· Broad deployability in instructional and organizational tasks;
· Demonstrable didactic qualities.
The collective labour agreement of Tilburg University applies. Pay
classification is according to level of experience and expertise, with a
minimum of 2.950,-- euro per month (salary scale 11).
Furthermore, the usual facilities (desk, computer, some travel money)
are offered, as well as support with housing, immigrations, etc. (no
More information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Dr. A.
Maes (_maes at uvt.nl_).
Applications should be sent by September 15. 2005 to:
Tilburg University, Arts Faculty
Drs. O. Zweekhorst, Managing Director
vacancy no. 810.05.06 Room U 40
P.O. Box 90153
5000 LE Tilburg
Or by email: solliciterenFDL at uvt.nl
More information about the Elsnet-list