[Elsnet-list] Post-Doctoral & Postgraduate Research Opportunities

Priscilla Rasmussen rasmusse at research.rutgers.edu
Wed Aug 10 00:51:42 CEST 2005

Post-Doctoral & Postgraduate Research Opportunities

Following the recent award of a large grant by Science Foundation
Ireland, I am pleased to announce a number of openings in the area of
Data-Driven Machine Translation at the National Centre for Language
Technology in the School of Computing, Dublin City University, Ireland.

1. Post-Doctoral Researcher

I have one vacant post-doctoral position in the area of corpus-based
MT. Excellent knowledge of Example-Based or Statistical approaches to
MT is a prerequisite. The successful candidate will be a strong
programmer, and have a good publication record in this field. In
addition, knowledge of Arabic and/or Chinese would be an advantage.

Remuneration will be at the rate of Euro 37,200 per annum. The
position is open from 1st September 2005. A contract of between one
and four years will be awarded.

2. Postgraduate Researchers

There are two openings for PhD researchers in the area of corpus-based
MT. The successful candidates will have a First-class primary degree
and/or a Masters in a numerate discipline. Strong programming skills
are required. Knowledge of MT techniques would be an advantage, as
would good to native language skills in Arabic and/or Chinese.

Each student will receive a stipend of Euro 12,700 p.a., their fees
will be paid (currently Euro 3,400 p.a.), and a generous hardware and
travel allowance will be provided. The total package for each student
is approximately Euro 60,000 over 3 years. These PhD positions are
available from 1st September 2005.

Candidates for either the post-doctoral or postgraduate positions
should send their CV (in .pdf format, only) to away at computing.dcu.ie
as soon as possible, and by August 31st at the latest. Questions or
other clarification should be emailed to the same address.

We look forward to welcoming you to our growing MT team!
Andy.