[Elsnet-list] SPEECH PROSODY 2006 - ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

Katja Grauwinkel grauwinkel at tfh-berlin.de
Wed Aug 10 09:38:34 CEST 2005

SPEECH PROSODY 2006 - ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

International Conference on Speech Prosody
May 2-5 2006
International Congress Center, Dresden, Germany

For further information: http://www.ias.et.tu-dresden.de/sp2006/

Following the successful Speech Prosody conferences held in Aix-en-Provence 2002 and in Nara/Japan 2004 we would like to extend a warm welcome to all of you on the occasion of Speech Prosody 2006 in Dresden, Germany. We are convinced of the growing importance and challenging prospects of prosody research. Therefore we are very proud to be hosting this exciting conference. Considering the recent extension of the European Union, we feel that Dresden is an attractive location, conveniently located in the heart of Europe. This is also underlined by the support of our Czech and Polish partners. We invite contributions in any of the following areas and also appreciate suggestions for Special Sessions:

* Prosody and the Brain
* Prosody and Speech Production
* Analysis, Formulation and Modeling of Prosody
* Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics and Prosody
* Cross-linguistic Studies of Prosody
* Prosodic Variability
* Prosody of Dialogues and Spontaneous Speech
* Prosody and Affect
* Prosody and Speech Perception
* Prosody in Speech Synthesis
* Prosody in Speech Recognition and Understanding
* Prosody in Language Learning
* Auditory-Visual Production and Perception of Prosody
* Pathology of Prosody and Aids for the Impaired
* Annotation and Speech Corpus Creation
* Others

Organizing Committee:
Rüdiger Hoffmann - Chair
Hansjörg Mixdorff - Program Chair
Oliver Jokisch - Technical Chair

Important Dates:
Proposals for special sessions: November 11, 2005
Full 4-page paper submission: December 9, 2005
Advanced registration deadline: February 28, 2006
Conference: May 2-5, 2006
Post-conference day: May 6, 2006