[Elsnet-list] SPEECH PROSODY 2006 -Submission Deadline Extended!

Katja Grauwinkel grauwinkel at tfh-berlin.de
Wed Dec 7 14:57:19 CET 2005

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

SPEECH PROSODY 2006 - EXTENDED DEADLINE!!

Considering a number of requests on shifting the deadline for paper submission forward, we changed it to December 31, 2005. Please visit SP2006 home page: http://www.ias.et.tu-dresden.de/sp2006/

**** Extended submission deadline: December 31!
**** Special Sessions are available.

International Conference on Speech Prosody
May 2-5 2006
International Congress Center, Dresden, Germany

For further information please visit: http://www.ias.et.tu-dresden.de/sp2006/

Following the successful Speech Prosody conferences held in Aix-en-Provence 2002 and in Nara/Japan 2004 we would like to extend a warm welcome to all of you on the occasion of Speech Prosody 2006 in Dresden, Germany. We are convinced of the growing importance and challenging prospects of prosody research. Therefore we are very proud to be hosting this exciting conference. Considering the recent extension of the European Union, we feel that Dresden is an attractive location, conveniently located in the heart of Europe. This is also underlined by the support of our Czech and Polish partners. We invite contributions in any of the following areas:

* Prosody and the Brain
* Prosody and Speech Production
* Analysis, Formulation and Modeling of Prosody
* Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics and Prosody
* Cross-linguistic Studies of Prosody
* Prosodic Variability
* Prosody of Dialogues and Spontaneous Speech
* Prosody and Affect
* Prosody and Speech Perception
* Prosody in Speech Synthesis
* Prosody in Speech Recognition and Understanding
* Prosody in Language Learning
* Auditory-Visual Production and Perception of Prosody
* Pathology of Prosody and Aids for the Impaired
* Annotation and Speech Corpus Creation
* Others

SPECIAL SESSIONS:
* Auditory-Visual Prosody Processing
* Understanding emotions in speech: neural and cross-cultural evidence
* Prosody in Automatic Speech Recognition
* Articulatory-Functional Approaches to Speech Prosody
* Prosody and Affective Computing

All potential contributors are encouraged to submit corresponding papers. During submission process one can select an appropriate session category or submission for the general program.

As Speech Prosody 2006 is an ISCA supported event, ISCA offers grants for students and young scientists to attend the conference (see instructions given at http://www.isca-speech.org/grants.html).

Organizing Committee:
Rüdiger Hoffmann - Chair
Hansjörg Mixdorff - Program Chair
Oliver Jokisch - Technical Chair

Important Dates:
Full 4-page paper submission ** extended to December 31, 2005 **
Notification of acceptance/rejection: February 10, 2006
Early registration deadline: February 28, 2006
Conference: May 2-5, 2006
Post-conference day: May 6, 2006