[Elsnet-list] Job posting: Research/Software Engineer, Cambridge, England

Kate Knill kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 12:26:50 CET 2005

Speech Recognition Research Engineer
------------------------------------
Cambridge, England
------------------

Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab (CRL) are
looking for a research engineer for our ASR R&D. The successful
candidate will work on the implementation and design of speech
recognition decoders. This post would suit someone with a PhD in
the area or a recent 1st class graduate. The role will initially
focus on software engineering.

Required:
Degree in a relevant subject
Very strong software skills in C, Perl/Python and Linux
Knowledge of pattern processing or Viterbi decoding
Good software architecture design skills
Experience of working in a team
Good English and communication skills

Preferred:
Background in speech recognition or HMM based pattern processing
PhD or 1st class degree
Industrial coding experience
Knowledge of more than one major European language

The CRL Speech Technology Group is a multinational team of dynamic
individuals, based in the centre of a beautiful university town.
Established in 2002, we play a significant role in developing Toshiba's
speech recognition and synthesis capabilities. Work done within the
group contributes to Toshiba's core speech technology and support of
European and American languages. We collaborate with Toshiba RDC in
Japan, Toshiba China and the University of Cambridge.

An attractive salary and benefit package will be offered.

Applicants should send a CV, the names and addresses of three referees
and a covering letter to: stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk Questions or requests
for further details can be sent to Kate Knill at the same email address.

Closing date for applications: 16th January 2006 (or until job filled)

Dr Kate Knill, Group Leader, Speech Technology Group,
Cambridge Research Laboratory, Toshiba Research Europe Limited
St George House, 1 Guildhall St
Cambridge, CB2 3NH, UK.
http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/index.html