[Elsnet-list] 11-th International Conference "SPEECH and COMPUTER" (SPECOM'2006)

SPECOM specom at mail.iias.spb.su
Mon Dec 19 16:09:23 CET 2005

SPECOM'2006 - CALL FOR PAPERS

11-th International Conference SPEECH AND COMPUTER (SPECOM'2006)
        25-29 June 2006
        St. Petersburg, Russia
        www.specom.nw.ru

Organized by St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of
Sciences (SPIIRAS)
Supported by SIMILAR NoE, INTAS association, ELSNET and ISCA.

Dear Colleagues, we are pleased to invite you to 11-th International Conference "Speech and
Computer" SPECOM'2006, which will be held in June 25-29, 2006 in St. Petersburg. The aim of the
Conference is to discuss the wide range of problems and technologies connected with Speech
Processing, Human-Computer Interaction and Multimodal Interfaces.

The main topics of the Conference are:
- Signal processing and feature extraction;
- Multimodal analysis and synthesis;
- Speech recognition and understanding;
- Natural language processing;
- Speaker and language identification;
- Speech synthesis;
- Speech perception and speech disorders;
- Speech and language resources;
- Applied systems for Human-Computer Interaction;

IMPORTANT DATES:
- Papers and proposals submission start: 15 January 2006
- Proposals for special sessions: 1 February 2006
- Full paper submission: 1 March 2006
- Notification of acceptance: 31 March 2006
- Early registration deadline: 15 April 2006
- Conference SPECOM: 25-29 June 2006

The conference venue and dates were selected so that the attendees can possibly be exposed to St.
Petersburg unique and wonderful phenomenon known as the White Nights, for our city is the world's
only metropolis where such a phenomenon occurs every summer.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
SPECOM'2006, SPIIRAS, 39, 14th line, St-Petersburg, 199178, RUSSIA
Tel.: +7 812 3287081 Fax: +7 812 3284450
E-mail: specom at iias.spb.su
Web: http://www.specom.nw.ru

We wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !