[Elsnet-list] Job Opening: Director of Speech Recognition Technology

Pengkai Pan ppk at media.mit.edu
Thu Feb 17 14:58:27 CET 2005

Hi

We have one job opening at our office in Shanghai, China.  Description of
the job can be found below.  We offer competitive compensation, including a
generous stock option plan.  Shanghai is not only a livable place, but it is
also a fun place to work.  The attached pictures show what our work
environment looks like.  Would you please forward this message to anyone who
might be interested in this position?

Thank you very much for your help!

Dr. Pengkai Pan
CEO and Founder
Saybot LLC

Director of Speech Recognition Technology (Shanghai, China)

Saybot (Shanghai) LLC is a private company developing novel learning
technology and products for rapidly growing markets, such as China. The
company is founded by MIT Ph.D. and Stanford graduates and invested by MIT
professors, industry veterans, and Wall Street investors in 2004 at
Shanghai, China.

Job Description:

1) Designing, developing, and deploying embedded speech recognition
engine/recognizer and applications
2) Full project life cycle development: from requirements analysis, design,
coding, testing, deployment through post-deployment monitoring
3) Internal (with project team) and external (with customer) communication
regarding project deliverables

Job Requirements:

1) BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (PhD a plus)
2) 5+ years of embedded software development experience
3) Experience with Linux or Pocket PC environments, C++ development, speech
recognition, pattern matching or signal processing, real-time, acoustics and
audio, and developing large software systems a plus
4) Excellent oral and written communications skills (Mandarin a plus)

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or PDF version of
your resume to info at saybot.com.