[Elsnet-list] Job Ad: TTS Prosody Modelling, Senior Research Engineer, Cambridge, UK

Kate Knill kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 11:51:37 CET 2005

Prosody Modelling for TTS, Senior Research Engineer
Cambridge, England
------------------

Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab (CRL) are
looking for a senior research engineer for our TTS R&D. The
successful candidate will work on the design and implementation
of prosody modelling within the Toshiba embedded text-to-speech
synthesis engine.

Required:
Degree in a relevant subject
Strong background in prosody and TTS
Good software skills using C and/or C++, Perl/Python, Linux
Good English and communication skills

Preferred:
PhD in Computer Science, Comp. Linguistics or related discipline
Experience of supervising technical work of others
Industrial coding experience
Knowledge of more than one major European language

Candidates should a PhD plus 3 or more years industrial/post-doctoral
experience (or equivalent industry experience), and demonstrated
achievement in the area of TTS.

The CRL Speech Technology Group is a multinational team of dynamic
individuals, based in the centre of a beautiful university town.
Established in 2002, we play a significant role in developing Toshiba's
speech recognition and synthesis capabilities. Work done within the
group contributes to Toshiba's core speech technology and support of
European and American languages. We collaborate with Toshiba RDC in
Japan, Toshiba China and the University of Cambridge.

An attractive salary and benefit package will be offered.

Applicants should send a CV, the names and addresses of three referees
and a covering letter to: stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk. Questions or requests
for further details can be sent to Kate Knill at the same email address.

Dr Kate Knill, Group Leader, Speech Technology Group,
Cambridge Research Laboratory, Toshiba Research Europe Limited
St George House, 1 Guildhall St
Cambridge, CB2 3NH, UK.
http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/index.html