[Elsnet-list] Ongoing evaluation campaign in IWSLT2005

Chiori Hori chiori at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 13 21:23:41 CEST 2005

*Sorry for duplicate e-mail*

Dear Potential Participants for International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT2005),
http://penance.is.cs.cmu.edu/iwslt2005

As part of the ongoing evaluation campaign for translation of speech/text in the travel domain,
the training and development data sets are currently available.
If you have not registered, please do so by contacting us and join our evaluation campaign.
The test data for the Chinese-English track will be evaluated by humans.

To invite more potential researchers, we introduce a new track:

<Supplied Data + Tools Track>
The training data of the MT systems should be limited to the supplied corpus only,
but you are allowed to use your own and publicly available Parser/Chunker and Tagger tools.

More information can be found here
http://penance.is.cs.cmu.edu/iwslt2005/eval_restrictions.html

Important Dates:

--Evaluation campaign--
Registration: 			open
Training Corpus Release: 	already available
Test Corpus Release: 		Aug 16, 2005
Result Submission Due:		Aug 18, 2005
System description Submission:	Aug 31, 2005
Camera-ready Paper: 		Sep 25, 2005

--Technical Papers--
Important Dates:
Submission of Draft (8 pages): 	        July 12, 2005
Notification of Acceptance: 		Aug 9, 2005
Registration deadline :  		Sep 15, 2005
Camera-ready Paper:			Sep 25, 2005
Workshop:     			 	Oct 24-25, 2005

If you have any questions, please let us know.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Pittsburgh this Fall.
Best regards,

--
Chiori Hori, Ph.D.
InterACT, Carnegie Mellon University