[Elsnet-list] Computation, Language, Cognition job at Indiana University

Mike Gasser mikegasser at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 12 21:06:09 CEST 2005

Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana.
Faculty position beginning Fall, 2006

As one of a series of new appointments, the Cognitive Science Program
at Indiana University seeks applicants with a developing strong
record of research in 'Cognition and Computational Approaches to
Language and Cognition Computation', broadly defined. Rank is open.
We are looking for someone with vision, energy, and a desire to
explore new forms of interdisciplinary study. Areas of specialty
could include, but are not limited to: computational, statistical,
psychological, experimental, and developmental approaches. The right
candidate is more important than the specific disciplinary
background. Junior applicants should send full dossiers, including
letters of recommendation and sample of papers. Senior applicants may
do the same, but we also encourage potential senior applicants to
contact us directly to discuss possibilities. Indiana University is
an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applications from
women and minority group members are especially encouraged. We may
also be able to consider joint hiring of two affiliated applicants
both in the field.  As far as possible, e-mail all materials (ideally
in PDF format) to cogsrch at indiana.edu.  Please send   Mmaterials may
also be mailed to Professor Michael GasserRichard Shiffrin,
Computationgnition and , Language Cognitionomputation Search
Committee, Cognitive Science Program, Eigenmann 819, 1910 E. 10th
St., Bloomington, IN  47406-7512. Applications received by December
1, 2005 are assured full consideration.   Address any questions you
have about the position to gasser at indiana.edu.