[Elsnet-list] Position at Oxford

Greg Kochanski gpk at gpk.wftp.org
Sun Jun 26 01:19:05 CEST 2005

UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD PHONETICS LABORATORY

Research Associate (RS2II: salary range £27,116-35,883 p.a.) A Research
Associate is required to work on a review of technologies for automatic
search and annotation of speech within multimedia resources.  The goal
is to evaluate the near-future impact of these technologies on research
in the Humanities.  We seek applicants with an understanding of current
speech technologies, combined with excellent communication skills.  A
higher degree related to the relevant technologies is preferred.

The principal duties of the post holder will be:

i) Identifying relevant technologies, ii) evaluating the current state
of the art and contacting relevant researchers, iii) conducting
interviews with potential users, iii) developing usage scenarios, iv)
evaluating the effect of new technologies on Humanities research, and v)
preparing a report and website content.

The appointment will be for 9 calendar months, with an expected starting
date of 1 October 2005.

Informal enquiries may be addressed to either John Coleman
(john.coleman at phon.ox.ac.uk) or Greg Kochanski
(greg.kochanski at phon.ox.ac.uk). Further particulars concerning this
opening, and information about how to apply, may be found on our
website, at http://www.phon.ox.ac.uk/0412AHRB/FP.html

Applications must be received no later than 20 July 2005.