[Elsnet-list] Summer Course on "The future of spoken language systems"

Joaquim Llisterri Joaquim.Llisterri at uab.es
Wed May 11 17:27:31 CEST 2005

Summer course on the future of spoken language systems
Fundación Duques de Soria, Soria, Spain, 11-15 July 2005

The Fundación Duques de Soria is organizing a summer course on the
future of spoken language systems in Soria (Spain) from July 11 to July
15 2005.

Topics covered are: relationship between speech and gesture (Ll.
Payrató, Universitat de Barcelona), multimodal speech synthesis (I.
Iriondo, Universitat Ramon Llull), spoken language translation (R.E.
Banchs, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya), dialogue systems for
user with special needs (S. Aguilera, Universidad Politécnica de
Madrid), tools for the analysis of visual information (J.L. Losada,
Universidad de Barcelona), conversational interfaces (M. Obach,
VICOMTech), dialogue systems in commerce (P. Garín, Natural Vox),
interactive assistants (J. Ahlund – I. Bou, Artificial Solutions), and
competitivity, technology and innovation: user interfaces and the IBM
experience (L. de Sopeña, IBM Forum Madrid).

The course will be taught in Spanish.

More information on registration and grants for attendance can be found
at http://liceu.uab.es/fds/fds.html or http://www.fds.es. For further
information, please contact fds at fds.es.

Joaquim Llisterri
Àrea de Lingüística General
Departament de Filologia Espanyola
Edifici B, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
E-08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona
Tel. (+34) 93.581.16.87 - 19.12 - 12.16
Fax (+34) 93.581.16.86
Joaquim.Llisterri at uab.es