[Elsnet-list] Job: Business Consultant
caroline.leathem at fluencyvoice.com
Mon Nov 28 20:41:42 CET 2005
JOB TITLE: Business Consultant
DEPARTMENT: Professional Services
LOCATION: London, UK
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Business Consultant is a key interface between the Client and
Fluency's responsibility to deliver Professional Services. The role
therefore entails a wide range of technical and soft skills, which
together maximise the chance of a successful project delivery, judged by
Client satisfaction and meeting Fluency's financial expectations.
The Business Consultant assumes full responsibility for all consulting
type engagements across the full professional services & project life
cycle. This is a broad role that requires adaptability and flexibility
from the individual as well as a good mix of technical & business
The individual should see this role as a 'revenue generating'
opportunity to grow & develop the Fluency consulting business and
therefore should have entrepreneurial skills to manage to a revenue
forecast & target working with a team. The key categories to the role
* Consultancy Work
* PS Project Support
* Strategic Development
* Sales Support
Perform the following tasks as required, using the appropriate tools and
* Evaluate, define & document business requirements, needs and
* Define, document & design functional specifications (with focus on
VUI design) working closely with the customer & technical resource on
* Support the project management & technical development process of
the project where required by the project manager.
* Evaluate, analyse, and troubleshoot existing speech deployments
* Provide consulting services & products to the customer
* Raise issues to the appropriate level within the Client or Fluency
organisation, when resolution is not possible without escalation.
* Identify revenue opportunities within the accounts.
* Work with others with the Consulting business to define, document
and prepare necessary material for the development of professional
Services 'products' (consulting & training).
* Be able to deliver & present those 'product' to customer when
* Act as an interface between Sales/Pre-sales & professional
Services for project pricing & estimating & bid support.
Perform all the above in a timely manner in cognisance of the project
deadlines and Client expectations.
* Must have a strong and robust personality able to manage the
demands of the customer while representing the interests of Fluency to
high professional standards.
* Will have at least 5 years experience, potentially more, in a
variety of consulting roles with a wide experience of customer
situations in a commercial service-orientated environment.
* Ideally, an understanding of Call Centre environments.
* Ideally, an understanding of Telephony, Voice and CTI Technology.
* Understanding of the implementation, development and customisation
issues presented by Fluency's solutions.
* Sees Client satisfaction as the key measure of project success.
* A professional in actions and appearance. Ability to represent
Fluency in the best light at all times.
* Ability to communicate well with Clients and to understand and
empathise with their objectives and concerns.
* Ability to communicate well within Fluency to represent the
interests of customers.
* Ability to see a consulting engagement as a 'business venture' and
focus on financial success.
* Cool under pressure, problem solver who does not panic or get over
aggressive in difficult situations
* 'Can do' attitude and personality with an unwavering 'We will
* Ability to adapt personal style to audience and work with a
variety of people and levels within the organisation
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw
valid conclusions and solve problems in a timely and accurate manner.
* Flexibility to support and manage multiple projects/deadlines
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The primary focus of Business Consultants in Fluency is to focus on the
successful conclusion of various consulting engagements across
Professional Services. This means the following levels of experience and
background are vital to success in the role.
* Commercial responsibility for consulting revenues.
* Excellent inter-personal & negotiation skills
* Strength of character and self belief that lead to an empowered
approach and real consulting ownership.
* Have experience or skills to manage others in a team to achieve
financial targets & success
* Able to operate at all levels - from the board room down to
technical engineering level
* Good understanding of voice & speech recognition technology.
This document is by way of description only and does not form a part of
, or implies any, a contract of employment or terms and conditions.
Caroline Leathem | Head of Fluency Consulting| Fluency Voice Technology
Hythe House 3rd Floor, 200 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7NY
t +44 (0)208 237 6277 f +44(0)208 237 6263 m +44(0)771 813 7012
This email has been scanned for all viruses by Netscalibur Mail Scanner, powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive email security service working around the clock, around the globe, visit
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list