[Elsnet-list] CFpart: Deontic Logic in Computer Science (DEON2006)

event at in.tu-clausthal.de event at in.tu-clausthal.de
Wed Apr 5 14:40:39 CEST 2006

(Apologies for multiple copies)

           FIRST CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                    DEON2006

          Eighth International Workshop on
          Deontic Logic in Computer Science

          Special Topic: Artificial Normative Systems

          Utrecht, The Netherlands
          12, 13, and 14 July 2006

          http://www.cs.uu.nl/deon2006/

   Early registration deadline: June 1st, 2006

The biennial DEON workshops are designed to promote cooperation among
scholars across disciplines who are interested in deontic logic and its
use in computer science. These workshops traditionally support research
linking the formal-logical study of normative concepts and normative
systems with computer science, artificial intelligence, philosophy,
organisation theory and law. In addition to these general themes,
DEON2006 features a special topic

  Artificial Normative Systems

There have been seven previous DEON workshops: Amsterdam (1991), Oslo
(1994), Sesimbra (1996), Bologna (1998), Toulouse (2000), London (2002),
and Madeira (2004). Selected papers from each of these workshops have
been published internationally.

* WORKSHOP VENUE:
The eighth DEON workshop will be held in Utrecht, the fourth largest
city of the Netherlands, organised by the Department of Information and
Computing Sciences of Utrecht University. The conference venue is
located at the heart of Utrecht's attractive historic centre.

* INVITED SPEAKERS:
- Jose Carmo (Madeira)
- Frank Dignum (Utrecht)
- Paolo Petta (Vienna)

* ACCEPTED PAPERS:
A list of accepted papers can be found at
http://www.cs.uu.nl/deon2006/program.html

* REGISTRATION:
The early registration deadline is June 1st, 2006. An online
registration form and local and travel information can be found on our
workshop website at http://www.cs.uu.nl/deon2006/.

* ACCOMMODATION:
We have secured limited availability of rooms against reduced rates with
three hotels, on a first-come, first-serve basis, to be booked before
May 1st or June 1st (2x). Information on these and other hotels is
available on our workshop website. We advise you to book your room as
soon as possible, since hotels in Utrecht tend to be fully booked during
summer time.

* TIMETABLE:
 - 1 June 2006: early registration deadline
 - 12-14 July 2006: The Workshop

* SPONSORS:
The workshop is sponsored by
- SIKS (Dutch Research School of Information and Knowledge Systems),
- JURIX (Dutch Foundation for Legal Knowledge and Information Systems),
- BNVKI (Belgian-Dutch Association for AI),
- NWO (Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research),
- KNAW (The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences),
- Faculty of Science, Universiteit Utrecht
- Department of Information and Computing Sciences, Universiteit Utrecht
This e-mail was delivered to you by event at in.tu-clausthal.de, what is a
moderated list run by Computational Intelligence Group of Clausthal
University of Technology, Germany.  All event announcements sent through
this list are also listed in our conference planner at
http://cig.in.tu-clausthal.de/index.php?id=planner.

In the case of any requests, questions, or comments, do not hesitate and
contact event-owner at in.tu-clausthal.de ASAP.

If you want to unsubscribe from this list, please visit
http://www2.in.tu-clausthal.de/mailman/listinfo/event, or send an e-mail
to event-owner at in.tu-clausthal.de.

* CIG does not take any responsibility for validity  *
* of content of messages sent through this list.     *

Computational Intelligence Group
Department of Computer Science
http://cig.in.tu-clausthal.de/