[Elsnet-list] Job offer: Researcher speech recognition

Hennecke, Marcus MHennecke at harmanbecker.com
Tue Aug 8 17:57:26 CEST 2006

Harman/Becker Automotive Systems GmbH has an open position for a
researcher in speech recognition for their daughter company Temic SDS
GmbH in Ulm, Germany.

Temic SDS GmbH has more than 35 years of experience in speech
recognition. Ten years ago Temic were the first to bring automotive
speech recognition to the market and have been pioneers in this field
since. We have always been engaged in original research and have
developed our own speech technologies. Our particular strength is our
expertise in all parts of the processing chain: microphones, signal
processing, speech recognition, speech understanding, dialog design and
of course system integration.

Starting immediately, we are seeking to fill an open position in the
Training Research group (EDRT). The tasks include:

* research on new and improved training algorithms, acoustic modelling,
decoding, multilingual speech recognition, new feature extraction
* specification and documentation
* filing invention reports
* keeping up with the state of the art (journals, conferences,
publications)

Ideal candidates should have a degree in computer science, electrical
engineering, computer linguistics or the like and should have several
years of experience in speech recognition (professional experience or
doctoral studies). A good command of English is necessary. The
applicants should have extensive experience in programming in C/C++ and
Perl and be comfortable with Windows and Linux environments.

Interested candidates should send their CV and applicable documents
(transcripts, letters of reference, etc) to:

    Doris Krusche
    TEMIC SDS GmbH - Speech Dialog Systems
    Head of Human Resources EDK
    Soeflinger Str. 100
    89077 Ulm - Germany
    Dkrusche at harmanbecker.com

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.