[Elsnet-list] AMTA Annual Executive Board Elections

Priscilla Rasmussen rasmusse at cs.rutgers.edu
Sat Jul 8 00:07:59 CEST 2006

Dear AMTA Member,

 The AMTA has annual elections for its elected executive board and
 board of director seats. All elected offices have a 2-year term. The
 complete list of offices is:

- Councilor (appointed)
- President
- Vice President
- Treasurer
- Secretary
- AMTA Board of Directors (6 directors: two each representing users,
 developers and researchers)
- MTNI Regional Editor (appointed)

 1)       In the odd-numbered years, we elect three board members - a
 user, developer, and researcher representative. The election for 2005
 was held somewhat late, and the results were completed recently. We
 welcome the following new board members, with a 2-year term of office
 from 2005-2007. Their term will end with the off-year election to be
 conducted in 2007:

User:  Nestor Rychtyckyj, Ford Motor
Developer:  Clare Voss, Army Research Lab
Researcher:  Nizar Habash, Columbia University

They succeed the following outgoing board members, whom we thank for
 their service:

User: Boyan Onyshkevych, U.S. DoD
Developer: Jay Marciano, SDL International
Researcher: Keith Miller, Mitre Corporation

2)       In the even numbered years, the executive board, and the
         remaining three director seats are up for election, with the
         election to be completed and the results announced at the
         AMTA general membership meeting during the AMTA conference
         (to be held early this year - August 8-12, Boston, Mass). A
         3-person nominating committee has been appointed (Elliott
         Macklovich, Councilor; Steve Helmreich, Treasurer; and Mike
         Dillinger, Board member). They will shortly assemble a list
         of candidates and conduct the election, with the assistance
         of Priscilla Rasmussen.

Please be on the lookout for email from the nominating committee, and
Priscilla!

Best regards,

Laurie Gerber

Laurie Gerber
President 2004-2006
Association for Machine Translation in the Americas
Tel: 619-523-8550
Cell: 619-200-8344
president at amtaweb.org

 www.amtaweb.org