[Elsnet-list] Final call,
Submissions to OnToContent 2006 Workshop due July 10
mjarrar at vub.ac.be
Thu Jun 22 16:15:24 CEST 2006
****Deadline Extended: Abstract 30 June, Paper July 10 *******
- OnToContent 2006 -
Workshop on Ontology Content and Evaluation in Enterprise
-With two tracks on eHealth and Human Resources-
*** Proceedings published by Springer
<http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/index.html> LNCS ***
*** Invited Speaker: To be announced ***
*** Topics: Ontology Content, Evaluation, standardization ***
*** Enterprise, eHealth, Human Resources ***
*** http://www.starlab.vub.ac.be/staff/mustafa/OnToContent06 ***
In conjunction of the International Federated Conferences (OTM '06)
3-4 Nov 2006, Montpellier, France
This workshop is organized by the Ontology Outreach Authority OOA
(Knowledge Web NoE). The OOA is devoted to develop strategies for ontology
recommendation and standardization, thereby promoting and providing
outreach for verifiable quality ontological content.
Current trends within the Semantic Web research are mainly concerned with
technological issues, such as language capabilities, inference services,
etc. Yet less attention has been given to ontology content and its
quality. This workshop aims to focus on content issues, such as
methodologies and tools concerned with modeling good ontologies,
approaches to ontology content evaluation, quality measures, ontology
content management (e.g. metadata, libraries, and registration), ontology
documentation, etc. The workshop also aims to give a special attention to
ontology content issues in two industrial sectors: human resources and
employment, and healthcare and life sciences.
We welcome papers and (past/planned) project descriptions that discuss
ontology modeling and evaluation aspects, particularly:
* Research papers presenting theoretical solutions, but with a clear
illustration on how these solutions can be applied in industry.
* Position papers presenting opinions on some aspect of ontology practice,
or describing work that is still in progress, but sufficiently mature to
* Business experience and case studies specifying requirements,
challenges, or opportunities of modeling and applying ontologies in
The workshop consists of three tracks: Ontology Evaluation, Ontologies in
Human Resources and Employment, and ontologies in Healthcare and life
Methods and tools for ontology evaluation:
* Ontological evaluation.
* Logical evaluation.
* Usability/usefulness evaluation.
* Ontology compliance to standards.
* Ontology standardization and recommendation scenarios.
* Ontology metadata, and libraries.
* Ontology documentation.
* Ontology registration and certification.
* Ontology interoperability.
* Consensus reaching.
* Business cases studies.
Ontologies in Human Resources
* Modeling and representation of: Jobs, CVs, Competencies, Skills,
Employees, People, Organizations, Social Events, etc.
* HR upper level concepts.
* Semantics of HR-XML.
* Semantic metadata for HR applications.
* Semantics in job matching.
* Semantics in learning technologies.
* Multilinguality in human resources ontologies.
* Best practice and semantic patterns in ontology modeling and
Ontologies for Healthcare and Life sciences
* Ontologies in Biomedicine and bioinformatics.
* Ontologies of diseases, nursing, therapeutics, drug, etc.
* Upper level concepts of healthcare and life sciences ontologies.
* Semantic metadata for Clinical Data Interchange.
* Semantics of medical XML standards and vocabularies.
* Multilinguality in Biomedicine and bioinformatics ontologies.
* Best practice and semantic patterns in ontology modeling and
We invite (A) research papers describing original studies of no more than
12 pages; (B) Position papers presenting opinions or work in progress of
no more than 6 pages; and (C) Business experience and case studies of no
more than 8 pages. Submitted papers will be fully refereed based on the
originality and significance of the ideas presented as well as on
technical aspects. Each paper will be reviewed by at least one expert from
academia, and at least one expert from industry. The final proceedings
will be published by Springer Verlag as LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer
Science). Author instructions can be found at:
The paper submission site is located at:
* June 30, 2006 : Abstract Submission Deadline
* July 10, 2006: Paper Submission Deadline (Hard deadline)
* August 10, 2006 : Acceptance Notification (Hard deadline)
* August 20, 2006 : Final Version Due
* November 3-4, 2006: Workshop
Organizers and program chairs
* Mustafa <http://www.jarrar.info/> Jarrar, STARLAb, Vrije
Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
* Claude Ostyn <http://www.ostyn.com/> , IEEE, USA
* Werner <http://www.office-line-engineering.be/CUR_ENGL.htm>
Ceusters, University of Buffalo ,USA
&tree=99&ext_doc_id=12&start_doc_id=3&lang_id=0> Persidis, Biovista, Greece
* Adil Hameed, Catalysoft, UK
* Andrew Stranieri , JUSTSYS, Ballarat, Australia
* Alain Leger, FranceTelecom, France
* Aldo Gangemi, LOA, ISTC-CNR, Rome, Italy
* André Valente , Knowledge Systems Ventures, USA
* Avigdor Gal , Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Ilsrael
* Barry Smith, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
* Bill Andersen , Ontology Works, USA
* Bob Colomb, The University of Queensland, Australia
* Christiane Fellbaum , Princeton University, USA
* Christopher Brewster, University of Sheffield, UK
* Ernesto Damiani, Milan University, Italy
* Fausto Giunchiglia, University of Trento, Italy
* Francesco Danza, Expert System SpA, Italy
* Franckie Trichet, IRIN - CS Research Institute, France
* Giancarlo Guizzardi, University of Twente, The Netherlands
* Giorgos Stamou, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
* Harith Alani, University of Southampton, UK
* Hans Akkermans, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
* Jeff Pan, University of Aberdeen, UK
* Jens Lemcke, SAP, Germany
* John Sowa, IBM, USA
* Joost Breuker, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
* Karl Stroetmann, Empirica, Germany
* Kewen Wang, Griffith University, Australia
* Luk.Vervenne, Synergetics, Belgium
* Lina Al-Jadir, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
* Miguel-Angel Sicilia , University of Alcal?, Spain
* Mohand-Said Hacid, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1 LIRIS, France
* Nikolay Mehandjiev, University of Manchester, UK
* Paolo Bouquet, University of Trento, Italy
* Paul Piwek , Open university, UK
* Robert Meersman, STARLAb, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
* Robert Tolksdorf, Free university of Berlin, Germany
* Sergio Tessaris, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
* Silvie Spreeuwenberg, LibRT, The Netherlands
* Simon White, Catalysoft, UK
* Stephen McGibbon, Microsoft, UK
* Theo Hensen, CWI, The Netherlands
* Yannick Legré , CNRS, France
* Yannis Charalabidis, National Tech.University of Athens, Greece
* Yaser Bishr, Image Matters, USA
Dr. Mustafa Jarrar
STARLab, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
mjarrar at vub.ac.be | mustafa at jarrar.info
Tel: +32 2 6293487 , Fax :+32 2 6293819
Mobile: +32 495 687077 Skype: mjarrar
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list