[Elsnet-list] research positions 2006-2
carlos.martin at urv.cat
carlos.martin at urv.cat
Wed Mar 22 14:38:11 CET 2006
Apologies for multiple posting!
Please, pass the information to whom may be interested. Thanks.
3 research positions may be available in the Research Group on Mathematical Linguistics at Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona, Spain) under the Ramon y Cajal scheme, which is partially funded by the Spanish Ministry for Education and Science.
The web site of the host institute is:
ELIGIBLE TOPICS (in decreasing order of priority)
- Language and automata theory and its applications.
- Biomolecular computing and nanotechnology.
- Language and speech technologies.
- Formal theories of language acquisition and evolutionary linguistics.
- Computational neuroscience.
Other related fields might still be eligible provided there are strong enough candidates for them.
- The positions are intended for experienced scientists willing to develop an academic career in the framework of the host institute for 5 years, starting in 2006-2007.
- They will be filled in under the form of a work contract.
- After evaluation of the 5-year performance, it is likely that the positions will become permanent.
- Doctoral teaching and supervising are expected, as well as a strong involvement in the institute’s activities.
- Only candidates having a high publication record will be considered.
- Having been awarded the PhD degree not earlier than April 4, 1996 and not later than December 31st, 2004.
- Annual salary amounting 31,650 euros in the first year, before taxes (at a rate of 18%, approximately).
- Up to 15,000 euros in the first two years for research expenses.
- Full Social Security rights, including health assistance for the researcher and her/his family.
It will consist of 2 steps:
- a pre-selection based on CV and carried out by the host institute,
- an application by the shortlisted candidates, including essentially CV and a research project, to be assessed by the Spanish Ministry for Education and Science.
Expressions of interest are welcome until March 26, 2006. They should simply contain the candidate's CV and mention "2006-2" in the subject line. The outcome of the pre-selection will be reported immediately after.
Pre-selected candidates will be supported in the application process by the host institute. The deadline for completing the whole process is March 31st, 2006.
Final results will be known in July 2006.
carlos.martin at urv.net
More information about the Elsnet-list