[Elsnet-list] Collecting test data for a dissertation project - Help Needed!

S Givon s0560804 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 29 22:48:51 CEST 2006

Dear all,

My name is Sharon Givon and I'm an MSc student in the Speech & Language
Processing program at the University of Edinburgh. My dissertation
project deals with extracting information from fiction (with
Amazon.com): central characters,
relationships between them and main story events. Unfortunately, no
annotated corpus is available for that purpose, and this is where I
need your help. If you are willing to help, you will find in the
attached link a list of very famous books. If you think you are
familiar enough with a story (either from reading the book or watching
the film), click on its link to fill in the information. You will be
asked to fill in names of central characters, relationships between
them and short descriptions of main events.
If you need to refresh your memory you can use the links to the actual
book texts.

Collecting this information is crucial to my project and I would
extremely appreciate it if you dedicated a few minutes to it. Don't
feel like you have to fill in information for the whole list of titles:
a few books would be great but even one book would be well appreciated.

Here's the link:
http://sgivon.tripod.com/Index.html

Feel free to email me with questions or comment.

Regards,
Sharon.