[Elsnet-list] Closing the Event@CIG list

event at in.tu-clausthal.de event at in.tu-clausthal.de
Mon May 22 16:31:41 CEST 2006

Dear colleagues,
most probably you noticed that in the last months the traffic via the
announcement distribution list event at in.tu-clausthal.de dramatically
increased. Many of you certainly feel annoyed by this and of course we
received large number of complaints. As the result we reconsidered our
decision to maintain this list and decided to close it.

The Event at CIG list was started as a small service for a closed group of
people who wanted to distribute their CfPs focused at mainly logic
programming, autonomous agent and multiagent systems and connected
areas. For that end, they harvested a number of e-mail addresses
including yours and started this moderated distribution list. The
intention behind certainly was not to send spam around the world, but
rather to let the computer science research community know about events
we organize, or otherwise consider relevant. However, after a short
time, many other people discovered our service and asked us whether they
can use it for their announcements as well (of course we tried to keep
all the distributed announcements in the scope of our research
interests). This led to a dramatic increase of e-mail traffic via our
list and we obviously annoyed many people to a large extent. We
apologize to all of you for any inconvenience we might have caused you.

Because of the reasons above and also because moderation and maintenance
of this list requires more and more work, we decided to close this list.
From now on, we won't relay any further announcements, or calls for
papers.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Event at CIG administrators.

--
peter.novak at in.tu-clausthal.de | http://cig.in.tu-clausthal.de/
Department of Computer Science | Clausthal University of Technology

If you experience problems with your unsubscription, do not hesitate
and contact the list administrator at event-owner at in.tu-clausthal.de.

* CIG does not take any responsibility for validity  *
* of content of messages sent through this list.     *

Computational Intelligence Group
Department of Computer Science
Clausthal University of Technology
Germany