[Elsnet-list] job announcement : NLP, MT and CLIR
mzhang at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Thu May 25 04:37:18 CEST 2006
Dear Sir or Madam,
We would like to post a job announcement at http://www.elsnet.org/.
Senior Research Fellow,
Institute for Infocomm Research,
21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace,
Subject: Positions in Machine Translation, NLP, Multilingual Modeling or CLIR
TITLE: Senior Research Fellow, Research Fellow or Research Engineer
INSTITUTE: Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R)
The Institute for Infocomm Research (I²R) is a member of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) in Singapore. The mission is to advance infocomm technologies for the benefit of humanity and prosperity. I²R integrates R&D in information, communications and media (ICM) technologies to develop holistic solutions across the ICM value chain.
We are looking for 2 to 3 candidates to fill the following positions.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate shall contribute to current and future research in language processing, in particular multilingual information access and machine translation. The candidate is expected to conduct in-depth study and research, and participate in developmental projects.
* PhD or Master in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or a closely related area
* Strong foundation in language technologies and advanced experiences in the following areas:
- Statistical and/or Machine Learning approaches in NLP
- Machine Translation and/or Multilingual Modeling
- Statistical Parsing and Statistical Language Model
* Strong programming skills (C/C++, Perl or Java)
* Strong interest in conducting applied research with the ability to deliver solutions
* Ability to work as a team
* High degree of integrity, passion and drive
* Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Candidate with the following experiences will have an advantage:
* Evidence of excellent independent research in publications or awards
* Solid R&D experience in Statistical Machine Translation (SMT) and Multilingual Modeling such as:
- bilingual term/phrase extraction from parallel/comparable corpora or monolingual corpora
- various word-alignment and SMT models
- SMT Training and Decoding algorithms
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Tenure or contractual with annual renewal
We offer a friendly and enthusiastic working environment with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.
TO APPLY: please forward your CV (with detailed experiences and your research interest, as well as name and contact information of two references) to
Dr. Min ZHANG at mzhang at i2r.a-star.edu.sg and
Ms. Aiti AW at aaiti at i2r.a-star.edu.sg.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.
More information about the Elsnet-list