[Elsnet-list] system for automatic discourse analysis

Suzan Verberne s.verberne at let.ru.nl
Tue May 30 16:57:31 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I am a PhD student investigating the problem of automatic question
answering for why-questions. Lately, I have been researching the
possibilities of using discourse analysis for why-QA. It seems that
discourse analysis can be rather relevant for a why-QA system.

I know that work has been done in developing systems for automatic
discourse analysis of documents, more specifically for the framework of
RST. Until now, I did not succeed in getting access to such a system. (I
asked a number of researchers in the field). I am aware of the
difficulties of automatic discourse analysis, but I still think it can
play a role for my research.

Can you help me in finding a system for discourse analysis? It may be
very helpful for my project.

Thank you,

Suzan Verberne

--

drs. Suzan Verberne, PhD student
Department of Language and Speech
Email: s.verberne at let.ru.nl
http://lands.let.ru.nl/TSpublic/sverbern/
--
"All of Cassandra's predictions always come true (Cassandra is a computer.)
Yesterday Cassandra predicted that it would rain today.