[Elsnet-list] Job Offer: JAVA developer in Berlin [PLEASE IGNORE THE PREVIOUS POSTING ON THIS SUBJECT]

Jörn Kreutel joern.kreutel at semanticedge.com
Mon Oct 16 18:44:06 CEST 2006

SemanticEdge, from Berlin/Germany, is technology leader in the field of
intelligent Voice User Interfaces based on natural language speech
recognition. For the development of speech applications in large
customer projects we are currently offering the position of a VUI DEVELOPER.

For this position, we will consider German native speakers with a
university degree, preferably in computational linguistics, or in
computer science with a focus on AI or speech and language technologies.
However, we also would like to invite graduates from other disciplines
to apply for this job, provided their excellent analytical skills and a
strong affinity to language related applications.

Applicants should prove experience in one of the following programming
languages at a level that clearly goes beyond the one of introductory
courses at university:
- Java
- C++
- Perl
- Lisp

Additionally, experience in one or more of the following fields is
desirable:
- XML-based markup and XSLT
- Web applications with JSP, ASP(.NET) or PHP
- UML modelling

Knowledge of particular industry standards related to speech
applications, e.g. VoiceXML, GrXML or SSML, are advantageous, but not a
necessary prerequisite for an application.

We offer an outstanding technological profile in a dynamically
developing market, a competitive salary and the possibility to
participate in a young and highly motivated team. Our employment
decision will be taken considering the candidates' potential to take
responsibility, in the mid term, as project or team leaders. We,
therefore, require proven team skills and would welcome evidence for
relevant reference projects carried out individually or as member of a team.

Given our contacts with numerous national and international partners and
customers, we further presuppose applicants' fluency in German and English.

Please send your CV and a cover letter to:

Jörn Kreutel
Chief Technology Officer
joern.kreutel at semanticedge.com