[Elsnet-list] Job Ad: TTS Research Engineer, Cambridge, England

Kate Knill kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 08:23:33 CET 2007

Text-to-Speech Synthesis Research Engineer

Cambridge, England

---------------------

Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab (CRL) are

looking for a research engineer for our TTS R&D. The successful

candidate will contribute to the design and implementation of

text-to-speech synthesis systems for North American and European

languages.

Candidates who have research experience of HMM-based synthesis are

particularly encouraged to apply.

Required:

PhD in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience

Good background in TTS especially HMM based synthesis and/or prosody
modelling

Good knowledge of pattern processing and statistical techniques

Good software skills in C, Perl/Python and Linux

Experience of working in a team

Good English and communication skills

Preferred:

Good knowledge of signal processing

Industrial coding experience

International publications in the field

Knowledge of more than one major European language

The CRL Speech Technology Group is a multinational team of dynamic

individuals. Established in 2002, we play a significant role in developing

Toshiba's embedded speech recognition and synthesis capabilities. Work done

within the group contributes to Toshiba's core speech technology and support

of European and American languages. We collaborate with Toshiba RDC in
Japan,

Toshiba China and the University of Cambridge.

An attractive salary and benefit package will be offered.

Applicants should send a CV, the names and addresses of three referees

and a covering letter to: stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk Questions or requests

for further details can be sent to Kate Knill at the same email address.

Closing date for applications: 21 February 2007

Dr Kate Knill, Group Leader, Speech Technology Group,

Cambridge Research Laboratory, Toshiba Research Europe Limited

St George House, 1 Guildhall St

Cambridge, CB2 3NH, UK.