[Elsnet-list] Dictionaries needed

David Levy davidlevylondon at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 17 13:48:13 CET 2007

Hi

I am looking for dictionaries (in electronic format)
that could be employed in a hand-held electronic
crossword puzzle product that I am developing. For
each word in the dictionary I need only the
definition(s) of the words. The definitions will then
become the clues for the crossword puzzles.

A licence fee (or donation to charity) will be paid
for any dictionary used.

Wordnet will probably suffice for American English,
but I am looking for dictionaries for British English,
French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese and
Italian.

Are you able to help with any of these languages, or
point me in the right direction?

Kind regards,

David Levy,
London.