[Elsnet-list] SLaTE CALL FOR PAPERS - Speech and Language
Technology for Education
max+ at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 7 16:43:01 CET 2007
You are cordially invited to submit papers to the SLaTE workshop on Speech
and Language Technology for Education.
The workshop will focus on research issues, applications, development tools
and collaboration. It will be concerned with all topics which concern
speech and language technology for education. Papers will discuss theories,
applications, evaluation, limitations, persistent difficulties, general
research tools and techniques. Papers that critically evaluate approaches
or processing strategies will be especially welcome, as will prototype
demonstrations of real-world applications.
The scope of acceptable topic interests includes but is not limited to:
- Use of speech recognition for education
- Use of natural language processing for education
- Use of spoken language dialogue for education
- Applications using speech and/or natural language processing for education
- Intelligent tutoring systems using speech and natural language
- Tutor assessment
There will be oral and poster sessions as well as demonstrations of software
Full 4-page paper deadline: May 1, 2007.
Notification of acceptance: July 1, 2007.
More information on the workshop, and the author kit, can be found by going
More information about the Elsnet-list