[Elsnet-list] Job posting: open position for a German Linguistic
Developer at SYSTRAN (Paris, France)
surcin at systran.fr
Thu Mar 15 11:39:46 CET 2007
SYSTRAN is the leading provider of the worlds most scalable and modular
translation architecture. Its core technology powers revolutionary
translation solutions for the Internet, PCs and network infrastructures that
facilitate communication in 36 language pairs and in 20 specialized domains.
SYSTRAN's expertise spans over 30 years of building customized translation
solutions for large corporations, portals, ISPs, governments and public
administrations through open and robust architectures. Corporations: Ford
Motor Company, Cisco Systems, NCR, DaimlerChrysler Corporation,
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Dow Corning Corporation, and others. Portals:
Google, AOL, AltaVista, Apple's Sherlock Internet Search, CompuServe, Lycos,
OracleMobile.com, and others. Government and Public Administrations: The
European Commission and the US Federal Government.
SYSTRAN is headquartered in Paris (France) with a subsidiary in San Diego
We are looking for a Computational Linguist to join our Paris Linguistic
Development team. In this position, under the direction of the Lead
Computational Linguist, you will be responsible for the linguistic code of
the German components of our machine translation systems.
- Maintain German modules of existing language pairs (German<->English,
- Contribute to the development of new language pairs involving German
(German<->Spanish, German<->Italian, German<->Portuguese).
- Further develop and improve the German components.
- Interface with the Linguistic Resources department and with SYSTRAN's
software development team.
- Advanced degree in Computational Linguistics or Computer Science (Masters,
- Computational linguistics syntax formalisms.
- Very good C/C++ and Perl programming skills.
- XML technologies.
- Native German speaker.
- Previous experience in German computational linguistics projects.
- Experience in Machine Translation is a plus.
- Fluency in English, speaking and writing.
The position is open until filled.
Send resume and application to: surcin at systran.fr
Dr Sylvain SURCIN
Linguistic Development Team
SYSTRAN - Information & Translation Technologies
surcin at systran.fr
T +33 1 47 96 86 74
F +33 1 46 98 00 59
More information about the Elsnet-list