[Elsnet-list] Job ad: Support Engineer at SDL Trados (Leuven,
Judith de Jong
jjong at sdl.com
Mon Oct 22 12:30:45 CEST 2007
Please feel free to distribute.
For our Support team in Leuven, Belgium, we are looking for a highly
analytical and articulate individual to work in a busy team providing
high-quality technical support to our customers. The successful
candidates will thrive in a challenging environment where they will be
constantly gaining knowledge of SDL Trados desktop and server based
* Provide real time responses to our customer support inquiries.
* Interact with our customers via electronic channels and telephone.
* Diagnose problem causes and provide solutions.
* Ensure continuous monitoring of customer issues until they are
* Contribute FAQs and articles to the knowledge base.
* Work closely with development to diagnose bugs and provide patches to
* Occasional beta testing of new product releases.
* Occasional delivery of training to our customers.
Skills & Experience:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and
French/Dutch. Good command of another language (Italian/Spanish) is an
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Self-motivated and resourceful.
* Empathy and enthusiasm essential to dealing with difficult customer
* Ability to quickly adapt to new methodologies and technologies, and
work in a high-pressure environment.
* Preference for working in a cooperative team environment.
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technology quickly.
* Good knowledge of common applications and file formats (DOC, RTF, PPT,
XLS, HTML, XML and other DTP formats such as FrameMaker and InDesign).
* Experience in one or more of the following: MS SQL Database Server;
Internet Information Services/Apache Tomcat; Windows operating systems
(2000, XP, Vista and their respective server versions); .NET; Java.
* Experience with computer-aided translation software, ideally with SDL
Trados tools, would be a distinct advantage.
Is your background in one of the following areas?
* Experience working in technical support, customer service or call
* Degree in computational linguistics, computer science or
translation/linguistics with a focus on computer-assisted/machine
translation and/or terminology management
* Experience in the localization industry
* Initial experience with Windows networks and their administration
Are you interested in:
* Working in an international environment?
* Keeping abreast of new technologies?
* A dynamic career path with exciting prospects?
* A casual, yet focused work environment?
* Excellent compensation?
* New challenges and interesting projects?
Then send your CV and a motivation to: jjong at sdl.com
For more information contact:
Judith de Jong
Email: jjong at sdl.com
Tel: +32 (0)16 30 82 52
To learn more about the company: http://www.sdl.com/
SDL International (www.sdl.com) is the leader in global information
management (GIM) solutions that empower organizations to accelerate the
delivery of high-quality multilingual content to global markets. Its
enterprise software and services integrate with existing business
systems to manage global information from authoring to publication and
throughout the distributed localization supply chain.
Global industry leaders rely on SDL to provide enterprise software or
hosted services for their GIM processes, including Audi, Bayer, Best
Western, Bosch, Canon, Deutsche Bank, Kodak, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley,
Reuters and SAP. SDL has implemented more than 150 enterprise GIM
solutions, has deployed over 130,000 software licenses across the GIM
ecosystem and provides access to on-demand translation portals for 10
million customers per month.
SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY, UK.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Support Engineer Leuven.pdf
Size: 63680 bytes
Desc: Support Engineer Leuven.pdf
Url : http://stratus.let.uu.nl/pipermail/elsnet-list/attachments/20071022/b4bfb560/SupportEngineerLeuven-0001.obj
More information about the Elsnet-list