[Elsnet-list] Software Engineer TTS

Barbara Steiner steiner at svox.com
Tue Apr 1 16:40:22 CEST 2008

Skipped content of type multipart/alternative-------------- next part --------------

Position: Software Engineer (Text-to-Speech)

Company
SVOX AG (www.svox.com) is a dynamic technology company specialized in text-to-speech and a leading provider of speech output solutions for the automotive and mobile devices industries.
We are seeking to add to our research and development team a software engineer with a proven track record in speech technology software development. You will implement new algorithms and approaches for use with our state-of-the-art text-to-speech engine and drive improvements at all levels of the SVOX TTS products. SVOX offers a varied, full-time position in an international, fast-paced, results-oriented environment with highly competitive salary.

Tasks
* Analysis and management of requirements
* Design, implementation, and test of new and improved TTS components
* Integration of new components into the existing TTS framework
* TTS engine quality assurance
* Documentation
* Close cooperation with engineers, language developers, and product management

Qualification and skills required
* A degree (MSc) in computer science and 3+ years experience in speech technology software product development
* C/C++ expertise, Modula-2 or Pascal expertise is a strong plus
* Highly structured approach to software development
* Ability to design and implement software in a strongly platform-independent way
* Working knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Symbian, VxWorks, QNX, Windows Mobile, etc. is a plus

Personal requirements
* Above average commitment to the job
* Team player with good interpersonal skills
* High quality standards
* Good knowledge of English and German
* Willingness to relocate to Zurich, Switzerland

At earliest availability

Contact
Ms. Barbara Steiner at hr at svox.com, +41 43 544 06 00 or send your application to:
SVOX AG