[Elsnet-list] Job ad: Scientific Programmer
hr at sti2.at
Wed Apr 16 14:39:48 CEST 2008
Scientific Programmer for EU FP6 Project MUSING (half time)
The Scientific Programmer will be responsible to provide software
development in ongoing and future implementation projects of our
institute. The challenge is to develop intelligent software that will be
an implementation of the research work conducted at our institute, as
well as for demonstrating the scientific results achieved at our
institute through such implementations. The scope of your principal
implementation tasks will focus on optimizing existing and further
development of new tools and applications. The candidate must be
detail-oriented and intensely focused, yet maintain flexibility and the
ability to express her/his formulated objective view. Due to our
international environment, excellent communication skills and fluency in
both written and spoken English will be required on a daily basis.
* Participation as scientific programmer in the highly renowned EU
funded project on semantics enabled business intelligence (MUSING)
at STI Innsbruck
* Implementation of Reasoning Modules for semantic applications
based on Logic Programming (F-Logic) and Description Logics
* Development of domain ontologies with integration of probabilistic
models. ork on technical documentation, deliverables, and directives.
* Work on technical feedback to research and development teams in
order to collaboratively improve their skills, abilities and
* Basic project management responsibilities may also be required,
such as project plan maintenance.
* Limited travel may be required.
* Academic degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or
* Extensive Java experience, preferably covering Java EE
* Strong background in development tools (e.g., Eclipse) and
ethodologies, at least basic familiarity with UML
* Knowledge about OWL, Experience with ontology editors (e.g.,
Protege, OntoStudio, WSMT-Studio)
* Background in statistics and uncertainty management in AI
* Particularly useful would be knowledge on Bayesian Networks
* Experience with Logic Programming tools (e.g., XSB, Flora2)
* Semantic and Web Service technologies
* Proven ability to work independently or in a team environment.
* The applicant should be creative and enthusiastic, with excellent
For further information regarding this position and our institute,
please visit the *website of our institute*
<http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/>. We invite you to submit your application
Please include a current resume, a list of publications, and digital
versions of your most relevant works.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list