[Elsnet-list] Job opportunity at University of Seville, Spain
gperez at us.es
gperez at us.es
Mon Apr 21 10:13:10 CEST 2008
ORGANIZATION: Julietta Research Group, University of Seville. Seville, Spain
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Specialization in ML, NLP, and/or Pattern Matching.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The candidate will be involved in a research project
whose main goal is to apply ML algorithms in different areas of a multimodal
- A good degree in Computer Science or a closely related area
- Strong foundation in language technologies and advanced experience in the following areas:
- Statistical and/or Machine Learning approaches to NLP
- Strong programming skills (C/C++, Java)
- Strong interest in conducting applied research with the ability to deliver innovative solutions
- Ability to work as a team
- High degree of integrity, passion and drive
- Interest in industrial and real-world applications
- Proficiency in Spanish and other languages would be a plus
- Additional qualities: resourcefulness, leadership, innovation
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Internship or contractual with annual renewal.
INITIAL PROJECT DURATION: 3 YEARS
SALARY RANGE: 20-30K
To apply, please forward your extended CV to Dr. Gabriel Amores at jgabriel at us.es ,
Mr. Guillermo Pérez at gperez at us.es and Mrs. Pilar Manchón at pmanchon at us.es
About Julietta (http://www.institucional.us.es/julietta/ ): Julietta is a Research
Group with a wide and recognised background. It has been involved in
most of the major European and Spanish Research programs, delivering
well-known results in several areas of NLP.
Julietta also has a very close relationship with the local industry, constantly participating in real-world development projects.
More information about the Elsnet-list