[Elsnet-list] 2 open positions in Copenhagen at SDL International -
pfilkin at sdl.com
Mon Apr 28 12:49:51 CEST 2008
Customer Support Engineer
This position is based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The specialist works on
the front line supporting our fast-growing customer base in the use of
SDL and TRADOS products.
What does the position involve?
You must be a highly analytical and articulate individual who will work
in a busy team providing high-quality technical support to our
customers. The successful candidate will thrive in a challenging
environment where they will be constantly gaining knowledge of SDL's
desktop and server based applications.
* Provide real time responses to our customer support
* Interact with our customers via electronic channels and
* Diagnose problem causes and provide solutions.
* Ensure continuous monitoring of customer issues until they
* Contribute FAQs and articles to the knowledge base.
* Work closely with development to diagnose bugs and provide
patches to customers.
* Occasional beta testing of new product releases.
* Occasional delivery of training to our customers.
Skills & Experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Finnish or Swedish is essential, both and Danish an advantage.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Self-motivated and resourceful.
* Empathy and enthusiasm essential to dealing with difficult
* Ability to quickly adapt to new methodologies and
technologies, and work in a high-pressure environment.
* Preference for working in a cooperative team environment.
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technology
* Good knowledge of common applications and file formats (DOC,
RTF, PPT, XLS, HTML, XML and other DTP formats such as FrameMaker and
* Experience in one or more of the following: MS SQL Database
Server; Internet Information Services/Apache Tomcat; Windows operating
systems (2000, XP, Vista and their respective server versions); .NET;
* Experience with computer-aided translation software, ideally
with SDL Trados tools, would be a distinct advantage.
Is your background in one of the following areas?
* Experience working in technical support, customer service or
* Degree in computational linguistics, computer science or
translation/linguistics with a focus on computer-assisted/machine
translation and/or terminology management
* Experience in the localization industry
* Initial experience with Windows networks and their
Are you interested in...
* Working in an international environment?
* Keeping abreast of new technologies?
* A dynamic career path with exciting prospects?
* A casual, yet focused work environment?
* Excellent compensation?
* New challenges and interesting projects?
* Please send your resume and cover letter to
recruitment.support at sdl.com
* To learn more about the company visit: http://www.sdl.com/
SDL International (www.sdl.com) is the leader in global information
management (GIM) solutions that empower organizations to accelerate the
delivery of high-quality multilingual content to global markets. Its
enterprise software and services integrate with existing business
systems to manage global information from authoring to publication and
throughout the distributed localization supply chain.
Global industry leaders rely on SDL to provide enterprise software or
hosted services for their GIM processes, including Audi, Bayer, Best
Western, Bosch, Canon, Deutsche Bank, Kodak, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley,
Reuters and SAP. SDL has implemented more than 150 enterprise GIM
solutions, has deployed over 130,000 software licenses across the GIM
ecosystem and provides access to on-demand translation portals for 10
million customers per month.
SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY, UK.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list