[Elsnet-list] UK Speech: one-day meeting for young speech researchers, 16 July 2008, U. Surrey, Guildford

P.Jackson at surrey.ac.uk P.Jackson at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 14:51:40 CEST 2008

Dear researcher,

The next UK Speech meeting will take place on Wednesday 16 July at the University of Surrey in Guildford. We will have speakers coming from across the UK, including Edinburgh (Dr Korin Richmond) and Sheffield (Prof Roger Moore), and we hope you will join us. So, short abstract submissions are invited for this one day meeting.

The meeting is an opportunity for graduate students and new researchers from industry and academia to discuss their work in progress with speech scientists and technologists. It follows the format of previous successful meetings held at UCL. We encourage poster and oral presentations on all aspects of speech research, analysis and processing including theoretical work and speech technology. Although this is also an informal meeting for members of the UK speech research community, submissions from elsewhere are welcomed.

To find more information, to register or to submit an abstract, visit
http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/P.Jackson/ukspeech/

Thanks,
Philip

--
Dr PJB Jackson | lecturer in speech and audio |
Rm: 7aAB05 | Tel/Fax: +44(0)1483 68-6044/6031 |