[Elsnet-list] FIS2008: Early Registration Deadline
Lejla Ibralic Halilovic
lejla.ibralic-halilovic at sti2.org
Thu Aug 7 12:17:45 CEST 2008
We would like to remind everyone that the early registration deadline for
FIS 2008, to be held in Vienna, Austria, 28-30 September, will close on
**August 15th 2008**.
Details on how to register can be found on the main conference website at:
The Future Internet Symposium provides a scientific forum for discussing
issues around the Future Internet. Current consensus created in forums such
as the Future Internet Conference in Bled, Slovenia in March this year is
that a Future Internet will comprise:
- an Internet of Things, where every electronic device will be an active
participant in the network;
- an Internet of Services, where applications live in the network, and data
becomes an active entity;
- an Internet of Content and Media, where most of the contents are generated
- an Internet of Publicity, Privacy and Anonymity, where people and software
must understand how much trust to extend to others;
- an Internet of Mobility and Ubiquity, where connectivity everywhere is
expected, and depended upon.
Additionally, it is essential that discussions cross the boundaries of the
above and we begin to link the domains of IT, Telecommunications and Media.
FIS 2008 aims to provide a space for the above to begin.
We have now selected a number of scientific papers which are complemented by
two Keynotes (Dr. Joao da Silva Director of the Network and Communication in
Directorate of DG-INFSO; and Dr. Alexander Hauptmann Senior Systems
Scientist in the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University),
a number of Invited Papers, two full day workshops and four half day
John Domingue (FIS 2008 Chair)
More information about the Elsnet-list