[Elsnet-list] Speech Synthesis Research Engineer, Cambridge, UK

Darren Green darren.green at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 18:08:35 CET 2008

---------------------------------------------- Cambridge, England
---------------------

Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab (CRL) are looking for a
research

engineer for our TTS R&D. The successful candidate will contribute to the
design and

implementation of text-to-speech synthesis systems.

Candidates who have research experience of HMM-based synthesis are
particularly encouraged

to apply.

Required: PhD in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience

Good background in HMM based synthesis.

Good knowledge of pattern processing and statistical techniques

Good software skills in C, Perl/Python and Linux

Experience of working in a team

Good English and communication skills

Preferred:

Good knowledge of signal processing

Industrial coding experience

International publications in the field

The CRL Speech Technology Group is a multinational team of dynamic
individuals. Established

in 2002, we play a significant role in developing Toshiba's embedded speech
recognition and

synthesis capabilities. Work done within the group contributes to Toshiba's
core speech

technology and support of European and American languages. We collaborate
with Toshiba in

Japan, Toshiba China and the University of Cambridge. An attractive salary
and benefit package

will be offered. Applicants should send a CV, the names and addresses of
three referees and a

covering letter to: stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk Questions or requests for
further details can be

sent to Darren Green at darren.green at crl.toshiba.co.uk.

Closing date for applications: 20 March 2008

Darren Green, Group Leader, Speech Technology Group, Cambridge Research
Laboratory,

Toshiba Research Europe Limited, 208 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road,
CB4 0GZ, UK.