[Elsnet-list] Open position in Paris,
France : research scientist in handwriting recognition
christopher.kermorvant at a2ia.com
Fri Jan 4 10:57:08 CET 2008
A2iA (Artificial Intelligence & Image Analysis) is the worldwide leading
developer of natural handwriting recognition, Intelligent Word
Recognition (IWR) and Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR)
technologies and products for the payment, mail, document and forms
We are looking for a Handwriting recognition Scientist for our R&D
Department in Paris.
This position requires a person with a strong background in machine
learning methodology, algorithms for recognition (speech, handwriting),
and software development. The primary responsibilities are to conduct
research and software development for handwriting recognition using
statistical machine learning methods.
* Develop new algorithms for handwriting recognition based on
statistical machine learning techniques.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of core
computational routines in C++ and python interface, automated test and
validation routines, and related documentation such as help files and
* Develop tests to verify the algorithms and the robustness of the
methodologies and software in the areas of handwriting recognition in a
wide variety of real world applications.
* Author technical papers related to algorithms, methodology, and
case study results.
* Interest and willingness to conduct novel research in handwriting
recognition and machine learning.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education and Training:
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Strong background data mining and statistical machine learning.
* Demonstrated work experience C++ and python
* Experience with Windows and UNIX development platforms.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, as demonstrated by
term papers, technical publications, or conference presentations
For additional questions or to send your resume directly please contact
career at a2ia.com or visit us at www.a2ia.com
More information about the Elsnet-list