[Elsnet-list] Call for Tender for STI International Semantic Web
ilona.zaremba at deri.at
Tue Jan 22 15:39:49 CET 2008
Call for Tender for STI International Semantic Web Site
The goal of the work is to enable the current STI International web site
(http://www.sti2.org/) with Semantic technologies:
- to overcome the range of limitations and problems with existing
approaches to creating, integrating and maintaining web-based community
information coming from heterogeneous sources,
- to benefit from the Semantic interoperability with existing Semantic
systems and the reuse of existing metadata.
Why we need this
The use of Semantic technologies will provide the following benefits:
• Information accessible for human and software systems.
• Highly configurable, extensible and maintainable web site in which the
overhead of adding new types of information and data is strongly
reduced. From an economic perspective, a Semantic portal will reduce the
• Avoid the duplication of information existing in complementary and
heterogeneous resources, allowing the integration of information of
Semantic and non-Semantic data.
• Increase the Semantic interoperability with other Semantic and
non-Semantic based system through the use of metadata.
• Flexibility and support for the use of inference engines that infer
new information and metadata.
• Consistency checking of the STI International Semantic information and
other Semantic information distributed on the web.
• Flexibility for declaratively configuring read/write permissions over
the portal information, allowing different type of users simultaneously.
• Customizable user interfaces for searching and navigating the
information according to different type of users with different permissions.
• Capability for searching semantically, in addition to keywords-based
Functionality and Structure
The new Semantic driven website is based on the current website
(www.sti2.org) and similar in terms of the content and functionality. In
addition a member area that is only accessible by STI International
members will be established. This member area includes interactive
features as subscriptions to mailing lists, wikis for different service
areas and working groups, calendar for STI International related
meetings and events, download area for all related STI International
documents (e.g. talks, protocols, training material) and access to the
detailed individual member information (e.g. address, contact data,
subscriptions to mailing lists, member fee status, participation in
working groups and services).
Month 0: Call for tenders’ launch in which candidates should present
specific implementation and deployment plans, distinguishing:
• Development and deployment phase’s activities and costs
• Population process and costs, including a description of information
sources to be incorporated
• Maintenance activities and costs
• Description of similar deployments in use
• Proposal of a financing plan
Month 1: Deadline for submissions.
Month 2: Analysis of submissions, decision and contract signature.
Month 4: First version including basic functionalities and a range of
information sources selected by STI International.
Month 6: Second version including advanced functionalities and the rest
of information sources selected by STI International.
Moth 8: Final version.
A business model for setting up the website and financing the
maintenance costs of the website has to be included in the submitted
The proposal for STI International Semantic Web Site should be provided
to STI International CEO, Alexander Wahler (office at sti2.org).
The deadline for submitting the proposal is February 28th, 2008.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Call for Tender for STI International Semantic Web
Size: 41673 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://stratus.let.uu.nl/pipermail/elsnet-list/attachments/20080122/098045d7/CallforTenderforSTIInternationalSemanticWebSite-0001.pdf
More information about the Elsnet-list