[Elsnet-list] Third CLIF symposium on Language and Speech Technology, Leuven, Belgium

Ineke Schuurman ineke.schuurman at ccl.kuleuven.be
Thu Jan 24 11:55:55 CET 2008

Third CLIF symposium on Language and Speech Technology

February 5, 2008

Justus-Lipsiuszaal
Erasmushuis 08.16
Blijde-Inkomststraat 21
Leuven

09.20 Opening

09.30 Automatic semantic frame detection using semi-supervised
    methods
       Koen Deschacht - LIIR, K.U.Leuven

10.00 Sub-sentential alignment
       Lieve Macken - LT3, Hogeschool Gent

10.30 Coffee break

11.00 Guest Lecture:
       Specification of discourse representations
       Markus Egg - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen

11.50 Authorship attribution on a large set of authors
       Kim Luyckx - CNTS, Universiteit Antwerpen

12.20 Enhancing corpus linguistics methods for tree-structured data
       Scott Martens - CCL, K.U.Leuven

12.50 Lunch break

14.10 Guest Lecture:
       Computational approaches to non-verbal communication
       Emiel Krahmer - Tilburg University

15.00 Dealing with cross-lingual aspects in spoken name recognition
       Frederik Stouten - ELIS, Universiteit Gent

15.30 Coffee break

16.00 The application of multigrams to the problem of language
    acquisition
       Joris Driesen - ESAT, K.U.Leuven

16.30 Split time warping of speech for noise robust and speaker

    independent automatic dialogue replacement (ADR)
       Pieter Soens - ETRO, V.U.Brussel

There is no registration fee, but we would like to know in advance
whether you intend to participate. If you do, write to
scott.martens at ccl.kuleuven.be and specify whether or not you will take
part in the coffee breaks and whether or  not we should reserve lunch
for you. The lunch will take place in Alma-2. We would like to have your
answer by January 29.

For a more detailed program and abstracts:
http://www.ccl.kuleuven.be/CLIF08/CLIFSymposium.html