[Elsnet-list] JOB: Speech Recognition Engineer (decoder technology) at SpinVox

Tony Robinson Tony.Robinson at SpinVox.Com
Mon Jul 21 14:04:38 CEST 2008

Speech Recognition Engineer (decoder technology) at SpinVox

Advanced Speech Group, Cambridge, UK

SpinVox, the founder and global leader in Voice-to-Screen messaging, has recently opened the Advanced Speech Group in Cambridge UK.  The Advanced Speech Group exists to provide SpinVox with next generation speech products concentrating on automatic speech recognition.

We are now looking for one or more experienced Speech Recognition Engineers to further our expertise and to develop and implement new techniques in speech recognition decoders.  This is a hugely challenging, but also a very rewarding role as even small improvements in the speech recognition performance translate into serious cost savings for the company. If you ever wished your work would make a real difference, this is the place to be.

About You

We are looking for a self-motivated and highly experienced Speech Recognition Engineers, who enjoy working in the dynamic and flexible environment of a successful and rapidly growing start-up.

Requirements:

+ A proven track record in C and C++ coding under Linux (at least 2 years full time equivalent)
+ Proven ability in handling large projects
+ Experience with speech recognition decoders or other large search problems, including algorithmic and code optimisation, shell scripting and running jobs on a very high end Linux cluster
+ A background in speech, vision on other computationally expensive task
+ Ability to work independently and as part of a team
+ Excellent communication skills

Desirable:

+ Experience in building large vocabulary ASR systems
+ A good working knowledge of using HTK
+ Experience with telephony speech recognition
+  A higher level degree including speech or signal processing
+ Knowledge of perl or python
+ Ability to speak a second language

About SpinVox

SpinVox is a next generation, network-independent mobile phone services company. We launched the world's first voicemail-to-text service in October 2004 based on our proprietary voice-to-text system. Voicemails are delivered as text messages, directly to the customer's mobile phone, through the SpinVox integrated push technology platform.

SpinVox is an equal opportunities employer.

Contact: Tony.Robinson AT SpinVox.com

Dr Tony Robinson
Director of the Advanced Speech Group,
SpinVox Ltd, Compass House,
Vision Park Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9AD, UK
T +44 (0)1223 257 898
F +44 (0)1223 257 800
M +44 (0)7824 690 882

Try SpinVox now!
For a free demo, call +44 12 1280 8081 and Speak Freely.
For a free trial, visit www.spinvox.com<http://www.spinvox.com> <http://www.spinvox.com>

This email (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s). It is private and confidential and may contain legally privileged information. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the company. If you receive it in error please delete it, inform the sender and do not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you. SpinVox Limited is an English company (Registered No: 04825183) with its registered address at Wethered House, Pound Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 2AF.