[Elsnet-list] Final Call for Participation - ACM SIGIR Conference 2008

Gareth Jones Gareth.Jones at computing.dcu.ie
Fri Jun 27 10:42:36 CEST 2008

Call for Participation

The 31st Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference

20-24 July 2008, Singapore

SIGIR is the major international forum for the presentation of new
research results and demonstration of new systems and techniques in the
broad field of information retrieval (IR).

The first ACM Information Retrieval conference to be held in Asia will
take place on 20-24 July 2008 in Singapore. The conference features a
wide ranging program comprising invited talks, technical sessions of
submitted papers, poster presentations, demonstrations, doctoral
consortium, as well as state-of the arts tutorials and 10 workshops.

Keynote Speakers and Talk Titles:

Dr Kai-Fu Lee (Google)
  "Delighting Chinese Users: The Google China Experience"

Prof Lim-Soon Wong (National University of Singapore)
  "Guilt by Association as a Search Principle"

The Conference will include more than 10 parallel sessions on topics
ranging from "Web Search", "Multimedia Retrieval" to "Social Tagging".
Tutorials will be offered on Sunday, 20 July and a fascinating array of
workshops are available on Thursday, 24 July.  Take advantage of our
registration package deals to attend the main conference and learn
something new at the tutorials!

Full details of the program can be found at:

http://www.sigir08.org/program.html.

We would like to encourage you to register as soon as possible to enjoy
the normal registration rate (*until 13 July*). Registration information
and a link to the online registration form is here:

http://www.sigir2008.org/registration.html

While you're at it, you are encouraged to book your accommodations
early, as hotel rooms around dates of the SIGIR conference are likely to
sell out soon. Check out the accommodation information here:

http://www.sigir2008.org/accommodation.html

Visit www.sigir2008.org for more information.

We look forward to seeing you at SIGIR 2008!