[Elsnet-list] AXMEDIS2008 Call for Paper and/or workshops
disitmail at musicnetwork.dsi.unifi.it
disitmail at musicnetwork.dsi.unifi.it
Tue Mar 4 15:33:30 CET 2008
Dear Elsnet List
You are cordially invited to pose your attention to
AXMEDIS 2008 International Conference, 17-19th Nov. 2008,
AXMEDIS is a large conference and community with strong innovation and
research programme. You can see a part of the presentations already defined
on the AXMEDIS conference web site:
AXMEDIS 2008 will be a significant and exciting event on cross-media, content
production GRID, content protection, interoperable DRM (digital rights
management), multimedia terminals, multiple-play, multichannel, multi
devices, MPEG-21 terminal and tools, authoring tools, digital media,
P2P, OMA, multi-channel delivery, content modeling, business models,
security and distribution, digital signature, legal aspects, accessibility,
transaction models, social network, semantic modeling, multimedia music,
workflow, and much more.
The AXMEDIS2008 International Conference is a perfect occasion to get
the state of the art and beyond, on the above mentioned technologies
and developments and to meet the most relevant industrial leaders,
leading researchers, experts and practitioners from both industrial
and research institutes, including European digital content providers,
integrators, distributors, technology providers, market leaders and prestigious
research institutions, social networks.
AXMEDIS is supported by more than 45 sponsors: Universitat Politecnica de
Catalunya, University of Florence, ICSRiM, University of Leeds, EPFL,
EUTELSAT, FHG-IGD, Giunti ILABS, HP, BBC, SDAE, TISCALI, SIAE, AFI,
Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, SEJER, University of Reading,
Pekin University, TEO (telecom Lithuania), KTU, ELION, VRS Grupe, ACIT,
Telecom Italia, Strategica, EXITECH, XIM, the MUSICNETWORK International
Association, the European Commission and many more.
Please feel free to forward and redistribute this email to everyone
who may be interested in this event and to all relevant mailing lists.
Please do not hesitate to inform us if this email has not been of your
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CALL for papers, AXMEDIS2008
4th International Conference Automated solutions for Cross Media Content
and Multi-channel Distribution
Submission due: 1 April 2008
Conference date: 17th-19th Nov. 2008
Conference venue: Florence, Italy
AXMEDIS2008 aims to explore all subjects, latest developments, future trends,
of technologies and their applications.
With a particularly attention to new concepts, requirements, prototypes,
research ideas, and findings which could contribute to cross fertilization
and convergence of research and industrial communities. This is the 4th
conference of a series pressed by IEEE and FUP with high level papers and
large audience and distribution.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- formats and models for multi-channel content distribution and interoperability
- automated content production, collection, crawling, composition, formatting
- cultural heritage content and solutions
- solutions and tools for e-commerce, education entertainment
- content processing languages and tools
- GRID and distributed systems for content production
- collaborative/cooperative models and tools, CSCW
- social network and models
- content distribution: streaming and downloading
- digital libraries and distributed systems
- systems and approaches for content production/distribution on demand
- multimedia middleware
- multimedia software engineering
- mobiles technologies for content distribution and optimisation
- intelligent content, semantic content and models
- interactive multimedia models
- P2P solutions and architectures
- workflow management systems Web services and web portals for content
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) models, tools, and DRM interoperability
- multimedia standards: MPEG-7, MPEG-21, MXF, SMIL, HTML, News, etc.
- multimedia and packaging formats
- distributed games and serious games
- Quality of Service, QoS, control and planning
- user profiling, and behaviour
- agents and autonomous systems
- legal aspects related to digital content
- context awareness and solutions
- distribution of computer graphics and 3D content
- distributed information retrieval
- synchronisation technologies and solutions
- accessibility and multimodal user interfaces
- e-conference, e-medicine and e-lecture
- distributed virtual environment, virtual school, virtual university,
and virtual learning
- content monitoring technologies
- watermarking and fingerprinting techniques
- audio and video fingerprinting and recognition
and all related topics, do not hesitate to contact the chairs if you
have a proposal for the conference.
Applications and Industrial Presentations and Demos: Proposals for
presentations of applications and tools, including case studies and
reports on the application and/or utilization of tools, industrial
practices and models, or tool/system demonstrations:
Long papers up to 8 pages, Short papers up to 4 pages, Demo: up to 2 pages.
Workshops and Panels: The Conference will hold Workshops and Panels
consisting of research and industry position papers on specific topics.
Research and Development projects of EC or other organizations are invited
to propose workshops or panels. For these proposals please contact the
general chair: Paolo Nesi (University of Florence) at nesi at dsi.unifi.it
providing topics, speakers, and aims.
All submissions and proposals must be in English and submitted in PDF
or Microsoft Word format using the submission portal on the conference
web site no later than 1 April 2008.
Document style is available at the conference website.
The conference proceedings will be published by IEEE Compo. Soc.
thanks for your patience and interest from
AXMEDIS 2008 Chairs
- - - - - - - - -
More information about the Elsnet-list