[Elsnet-list] Fwd: adapting LaTeX bst files

Suzan Verberne s.verberne at let.ru.nl
Tue Mar 11 10:59:50 CET 2008

Dear all,

As an editor of conference proceedings, I am adapting a LaTeX bst
(bibliography style) file. I succeeded in a number of small changes
but now I am facing a problem:

I want to achieve that in the running article text, more than 3
authors are abbreviated as "xxx et al". Therefore, I need to adapt the
function format.names in the bst file. But if I add such a function to
my bst file (there was none), I get the error message:

format.names is already a type "wizard-defined" function name

What does this mean? I cannot find any information on this on the web.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Suzan Verberne

 --
 drs. Suzan Verberne, PhD student
 Department of Linguistics
 Email: s.verberne at let.ru.nl
 http://lands.let.ru.nl/~sverbern/

--
 "All of Cassandra's predictions always come true (Cassandra is a
 computer.) Yesterday Cassandra predicted that it would rain today.