[Elsnet-list] Job opportunity in Natural Language Ssearch (Netherlands - Amsterdam)

Leonoor van der Beek leonoor.van.der.beek at q-go.com
Wed Mar 12 13:39:59 CET 2008

The organization Q-go

Q-go (www.q-go.com) is an international, fast growing, Dutch software
company specialized in Customer Interaction Management applications based on
Natural Language Technology. The applications enable people to formulate a
question / search query in their own words. Q-go's technology ensures a
relevant match, generally consisting of a model question and answer. We thus
provide easy access to information, as well as insight in the needs of the
user. Q-go's technology is currently available in six European languages and
is in use by leading European companies in banking, insurance,
telecommunications and government. Q-go's headquarter is in Diemen
(Amsterdam), The Netherlands. Furthermore, we operate from offices in Bonn,
Munich, Zurich, Madrid and Barcelona.

We are expanding our suite of language with Italian. For this purpose, we
are looking for an Italian speaking computational linguist. The position is
located in our Diemen office. The Computational Linguist will be part of the
Professional Services team. This team is responsible for the implementation,
maintenance and management of our customer projects.

Computational Linguist (Italian)

Key Areas of Responsibility

-              Development of a complete and high-quality set of linguistic
resources for Italian: dictionaries, hierarchies, grammar rules &
translation rules.

-              Problem resolution & improvement of Italian resources for
customer projects

-              Consultancy

o             Question and answer database analyses

o             Advise on how model questions need to be phrased

o             Advise in general on how to improve matching results

-              Participate in internal projects for further improvement of
our core technology

-              Other responsibilities as assigned.

Qualification Requirements

-              Working permit for the Netherlands

-              Native Italian, fluent English, speaking Dutch is a pre

-              Solid background in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics,
or related field

-              Proficiency with standard MS applications

-              Experience with Unix/Linux and/or relational databases a plus

-              2+ years working in customer/field service environment or
equivalent experience.

Benefits

-              Work in an energetic and fast paced work environment, where
initiative, professionalism and ambitions are highly valued

-              See your work on major websites within Europe and outside
Europe.

-              Opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of an
international, leading-edge software company.

-              A challenging job with plenty of opportunities for personal
development.

If you are enthusiastic about this job profile, please do not hesitate to
send your resume to jobs at q-go.com Attn Bart Bos.