[Elsnet-list] Job Advert
RF at project-it.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 10:18:23 CET 2008
Head of NLP - Computational Linguist
The SpinVox Automation department is responsible for reducing the human effort involved in converting voice mails into text messages, using a variety of signal processing, speech recognition and text processing technologies.
We are now looking for a very experienced Computational Linguist to lead our efforts in the natural language processing area. This is a hugely challenging, but also a very rewarding role; the opportunities for applying linguistic techniques are virtually limitless and even small improvements in the algorithms for detecting and correcting potential conversion errors translate into serious cost savings for the company. If you ever wished your work would make a real difference, this is the place to be
* Grammars and parsing for spontaneous speech.
* Statistical and corpus-based methods.
* At least basic programming ability (shell scripts, Perl, awk).
* Relevant degree, PhD or equivalent experience.
* Spell-checkers, grammar checkers, auto correcting tools and predictive typing.
* Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition technology.
* Knowledge about information extraction and machine learning techniques.
* Probabilistic Language Modelling experience.
* Experience managing large multi-lingual corpora and dictionaries.
* Experience with semantic networks.
* Have worked in a start-up environment.
* Strong leadership skills.
Spinvox LTD - Marlow, Buckinghamshire, UK
rf at project-it.co.uk
Rob Fox ║ PROJECT IT resource ltd
Intelligent Professional Services
T+44 1483 576 660 ║ F +44 1483 576 662 ║ mailto:rf at project-it.co.uk <mailto:rf at project-it.co.uk>
2 Bell Court, Leapale Lane, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LY ║ www.project-it.co.uk <http://www.project-it.co.uk/>
Please link-in with me at www.linkedin.com <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\rfox\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Signatures\www.linkedin.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list