[Elsnet-list] Two comp ling jobs in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leonoor van der Beek
leonoor.van.der.beek at q-go.com
Wed Mar 19 09:39:35 CET 2008
Two vacancies for computational linguists (Italian & Brazilian
Portuguese) at Q-go Amsterdam
Q-go (www.q-go.com) is an international, fast growing, Dutch software
company specialized in Customer Interaction Management applications
based on Natural Language Processing technology. The applications enable
people to formulate a question / search query in their own words. Q-go's
technology ensures a relevant match, generally consisting of a model
question and answer. We thus provide easy access to information, as well
as insight in the needs of the user. Q-go's technology is currently
available in eight European languages and is in use by leading European
Q-go's headquarter is in Diemen (Amsterdam), The Netherlands.
Furthermore, we operate from offices in Bonn, Munich, Zurich, Madrid
and Barcelona. We are expanding our suite of languages with Italian and
Brazilian Portuguese. We are therefore looking for two computational
linguists to strengthen our team.
Computational Linguist (Brazilian Portuguese & Italian)
The positions are located in our Diemen (Amsterdam), Netherlands office.
The Computational Linguists will be part of the Professional Services
team. This team is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and
management of all our current customer projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Development of a complete and high-quality set of linguistic
resources for Brazilian Portuguese/Italian: dictionaries, hierarchies,
grammar rules & translation rules.
- Problem resolution & improvement of Brazilian Portuguese/Italian
resources for customer projects
o Question and answer database analyses
o Advise on how model questions need to be phrased
o Advise in general on how to improve matching results
- Participate in internal projects for further improvement of our
- Other responsibilities as assigned. Grammar improvements:
building and adjusting grammar rules
- Working permit for the Netherlands
- Native proficiency in Brazilian Portuguese or Italian and fluent
in English. Some Dutch would be a plus.
- Solid background in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, or
- Strong computational skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux and/or relational databases
- Some programming experience a plus
- Work in an energetic and fast paced work environment, where
initiative, professionalism and ambitions are highly valued
- See your work on major websites within Europe and outside
- Opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of an
international, leading-edge software company.
- A challenging job with plenty of opportunities for personal
Interested? Please send your resume to jobs at q-go.com Attn Bart Bos.
More information about the Elsnet-list