[Elsnet-list] ACKERMANN AWARD 2009: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
areces at pluton.loria.fr
Fri Nov 28 19:11:17 CET 2008
ACKERMANN AWARD 2009 - THE EACSL OUTSTANDING
DISSERTATION AWARD FOR LOGIC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
* Eligible for the 2009 Ackermann Award are PhD dissertations in topics
specified by the EACSL and LICS conferences, which were formally
accepted as PhD theses at a university or equivalent institution
between 1.1.2007 and 31.12. 2008.
* The deadline for submission is 15.3.2009.
* Submission details are available at
* The award consists of
- a diploma,
- an invitation to present the thesis at the CSL conference,
- the publication of the abstract of the thesis and the laudation
in the CSL proceedings,
- travel support to attend the conference.
* The 2009 Ackermann Award will be presented to the recipients at the
annual conference of the EACSL (CSL'09).
* The jury consists of nine members:
- The president of EACSL, J. Makowsky (Haifa);
- The borad-member of EACSL, A. Dawar (Cambridge);
- One member of the LICS organizing committee, G. Plotkin (Edinburgh);
- P.-L. Curien (Paris)
- A. Durand (Paris)
- J. van Benthem (Amsterdam)
- M. Grohe (Berlin);
- M. Hyland (Cambridge);
- A. Razborov (Moscow and Princeton).
* The jury is entitled to give more than one award per year.
* The previous Ackermann Award recipients were:
2005: Mikolaj Bojanczyk, Konstantin Korovin, Nathan Segerlind;
2006: Stefan Milius and Balder ten Cate;
2007: Dietmar Berwanger, Stephane Lengrand and Ting Zhang.
2008: Krishnendu Chatterjee
* For the three years 2007-2009,
the Award is sponsored by Logitech, S.A., Romanel, Switzerland,
the worlds leading provider of personal peripherals.
More information about the Elsnet-list